7.14.2006
Bringing the funny - or lack thereof
Today I was thinking about what I like about each of the blogs I read, and what they have in common. Let me see, Amalah is cute and funny, Mir is pretty and funny, Miss Doxie is...well, you get the picture. I'm drawn to blogs that make me laugh. Most of us are.

Because I'm not a writer, I've been trying to think of something, anything to post every day. But I may be making a mistake. I'm choosing quantity over quality. And I'm not saying I'm a funny person, or could be a funny blogger. But if I try to put more thought into what I'm writing, maybe I'll be more interesting. For now, I'm still going to try to make this a daily exercise, for several reasons. For one thing, frankly, I need the writing practice. Second, I don't know if I've really found my "voice" yet, and I know it takes a while to settle into a consistent and unique style. And last, I'm not sure where this blog is going. It may be that it remains an anonymous blog about me, and stays boring and is just an outlet for me to try to be creative for once. Then again, maybe it will take some other direction.

Actually, there's a fourth reason I should try to continue posting daily. I am one of those people who start new projects full of enthusiasm, and as soon as the newness wears off, I totally and completely give it up, never to speak of the short-lived hobby again. Maybe everyone does this, I know a lot of people do. But I don't want this to turn into one of those other projects, shoved to the back of my brain like my knitting, pilates, cross-stitching, etc. I need something I will actually follow-through with for a while. And that reason alone is worth it to me to keep plodding.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG