7.17.2006
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
On my way into the library today, I noticed a group gathered in the "auditorium" area in front of a puppet show stage. It was backlit and you could see the shadows of hand puppets and hear a guy making goofy voices for them. It was clearly for little kids. I didn't take much note of it, but walked right by and went to drop off my book and CDs.

Since I had a book due back today, I wanted to sit in the lobby in the air conditioning and finish it, like I do whenever I have a due date coming up. At first the make-believe voices were distracting, but I managed to block them out after a few minutes. Then there was intermittent clapping, but I got used to that, too. It was when the quacking got underway that I decided to give up and move to another area where I couldn't hear it anymore.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG