9.12.2006
I say it's charming
A post over at Julia's got me thinking about something I do totally subconsciously. I eat my M&M's in color order. Not in rainbow order, but in my arbitrarily-decided order of "prettiest color last":
  • Brown
  • Tan
  • Orange
  • Yellow
  • Red
  • Blue
  • Green

I'm not sure why, and a couple of times I've tried to just eat them all in a handful, but it makes me kind of anxious to do that - like the colors should NOT be mixing in my mouth or something. Weird. And if I have a flat surface in front of me (like my desk at work) I will separate the colors into little piles to make it easier.

Also, once in a while, I eat my meals one part at a time. All the vegetables first, then the meat, then the starch (or whatever is for dinner that night). I don't care if my foods touch each other (boy, some people go nuts about that!), but I prefer to get all of one taste out of the way before introducing another.

I'm type A, but I don't think I'm actually, clinically OCD. Hmm. Maybe I should rethink that.


2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

I eat all colored candy in rainbow order, but with a twist. I have to have an even number, so I will group them into colors and then eat however many from each color until they are all at the lowest number, and then eat them in rainbow order. It's a sickness. :)

Blogger Jess said...

HAHA, that's great! I totally do the numbers thing with reeces' peices, because there are only 3 colors - I do the same thing you do with those.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG